March was Table Tennis Nation’s highest traffic month ever with tons of exclusives and awesome content on the website. On top of that, our facebook page went all pretty with the new timeline and our twitter feed remained the quickest way to find out what we were thinking.
3-0 against the Mayans. We got a nice little streak going, 2012.
- The Greg Smith, Goldman Sachs story was the runaway most popular post of the month. All of the Brawlers could have been related to this story so instead we’re lumping them all together at the top. In addition to our massive wrap-up of the story, we looked at Greg Smith and integrity in table tennis, Stephen Colbert’s reaction to the story, and looked at all the feedback you guys sent in.
- Table Tennis Nation President Marty Reisman also had a huge month, from his stories in Men’s Journal (plus video) and The New York Times (with a clip) to his slow motion video. We also gave you the full backstory of how his Men’s Journal feature came to be.
- JCPenney has a new commercial starring table tennis.
- It is not at all shocking that a Hunger Games story made the list: Hunger Games actor Josh Hutcherson went on a non-date with Emma Roberts to SPiN New York.
- Susan Sarandon appeared on Good Morning America and played table tennis.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers have added table tennis to the clubhouse.
The Rest of March:
- Barack Obama received a ping pong table from British Prime Minister David Cameron
- Golfer Michelle Wie took ping pong as a class at Stanford
- In case you want to see how the Greg Smith story broke, check out our original post and all the updates from that busy day (1, 2, and 3)
- We introduced the Philadelphia Paddle, on sale now
- Mick Jagger got his table tennis in even while attending the World Economic Forum in Davos
- MLB star Evan Longoria and NHL star Martin St. Louis faced off on the table in Tampa
- Tennis star Martina Navratilova took to twitter to share her Dancing With The Stars table tennis success
- Justin Bieber’s newest ping pong buddy is Australian teen singer Cody Simpson
- We celebrated Pi Day, and included the greatest song/music video EVER
- Rumer Willis and Rodrigo Santoro had a table tennis get-together
- Ping pong was one of the many attractions of SXSW
- We took a look at the table tennis future for Tim Tebow, then the Jets kind of completely ignored us, which was weird because I thought we were friends
- Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand played ping pong with kids for charity
- Republicans showed their balls in a new college campaign
- Susan Sarandon is making a new movie called “Ping-Pong Summer”
- Miller64 featured table tennis into their new commercial
- Florida used ping pong to determine state senate term lengths
- NPR did a story on US Olympic hopeful table tennis player Michael Landers
- India’s President Pratibha Patil became the latest head of state to play ping pong